Family Nutrition Support
We translate nutrition science into simple everyday practice to support your family’s relationship with food.
The infant stage can be tough. Feel at ease feeding your baby with evidence-based tools and gentle nutrition coaching.
Areas we can help:
- Infant feeding, milk and formula selection and fortification
- Chest-feeding, pumping and weaning
- Introducing solids, baby-led weaning, combo feeding and allergens
- Vitamin and mineral supplements
- Managing infant allergies like Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy (CMPA)
- Transitioning to toddler nutrition
Medical Nutrition Therapy
Our pediatric dietitians provide expert nutrition advice specific to your child’s needs. We hold additional clinical expertise in complex medical nutrition.
Areas we can help:
- Growth and development concerns
- Increase selection for picky eaters
- Iron or other nutrition deficiencies
- Common challenges such as constipation or diarrhea
- Medical nutrition such as Food Protein-Induced Enterocolitis Syndrome (FPIES)
- Specialized diets (vegetarian, vegan, celiac, allergies, medications)
Child & Family Nutrition
Optimize mealtimes to be more enjoyable, promote connected eating and foster healthy eating habits.
Areas we can help:
- Support individual and family health and nutrition goals
- Reduce the burden of meal planning, prep and grocery shopping
- Promote food skills for life and adventurous eating
- Raise resilient kids who love and respect their bodies
We provide responsive feeding support for neurodivergent children and adults. We often work in collaboration with other feeding clinicians like OTs.
- Assess common feeding challenges and reduce pressure at mealtimes
- Understand your child’s sensory differences and eating experience
- Optimize feeding impacted by medication related side effects
Raise Body Confident Kids
Families who embrace a non-diet and intuitive eating lifestyle raise kids who listen to their bodies and have healthier relationships with food.
Parents explore their own relationships with food and build resilience against diet culture. These skills are protective against developing disordered eating, especially during vulnerable stages like puberty.
Disordered Eating and Eating Disorder Support
Our dietitians hold clinical expertise in disordered eating and eating disorders. We support folks to make peace with food and their bodies.
What do we offer?
- Comprehensive nutrition assessment (review of health history, growth, feeding dynamics, goals or concerns, and more)
- Personalized nutrition recommendations specific to your child and family’s needs
- Ongoing nutrition counselling with collaborative support and problem solving
You are the expert in feeding your child.
You know your family best. We complement your expertise by optimizing what you’re already doing, so you feel confident making informed health decisions.Tell me more
Our approach is gentle, inclusive and collaborative.
We acknowledge every child is unique and requires an individualized approach. We respect body autonomy and your personal choices for feeding your child. Our practice is committed to affirming nutrition care thats anti-oppressive, gender-affirming and trauma-informed.
Direct Billing Available
Check with your provider for dietitian coverage and direct billing. Any fees that are not covered can be claimed as a medical expense for tax credit.
We are keeping it simple and delicious this Valentine’s Day with a family favourite, homemade pizzas! This recipe is perfect to get your family into the kitchen with you to practice their food skills. View this post on Instagram A post shared by Pediatric & Family Dietitians, RD 🥔 (@spudsnutrition) We love a build-your-own approach […]Read Now
Finding Easy and Nutritious Snacks for Pregnancy Pregnancy and postpartum can be a wild ride. Fuelling yourself during this time can be hard. The best strategy to meet yours and baby’s evolving needs includes eating consistently over the day using accessible nutrient-dense foods, that are easily grab-n-go. However, easier said than done when you’re running […]Read Now
Ready for a super simple flavourful dip? This bean dip is a hit and has been known to not last long in the fridge. The creaminess of white beans pair beautifully with the delicious herbiness of pesto and crunch from veggie dippers. Our bean dip is so delicious, you can eat it straight from the […]Read Now